Tuesday 18 November 2008

Quotes for the mind

Okay so its 10:53 in the morning and i was just listening to a song by Finley Quaye called 'Dice' from The O.C soundtrack. Its pretty amazing. It got me thinking though that, although i seem to love reading quotes i've never made a definitive list of my favourites so i'm going to do my top 10 now in descending order for your viewing pleasure!


10. Nancy Astor: "Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison."

Winston Churchill: "If I were your husband I would take it."

9. Winston Churchill: "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

8. Winston Churchill: "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." (They won't all be Churchill i promise, he just happens to be one of my favourites!)

7. Whitney Young: "The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."

6. Chris Smith (ME OBV): "I'm looking for the answers but i'm not prepared to ask any questions."

5. Henri Frederic Amiel: "Man becomes man only by his intelligence, but he is man only by his heart."

4. Frankie Boyle: "They're always saying 'don't deal with terrorists'. Let's deal with them. What's Allah offering you boys, 100 virgins? We'll give you 50 british slags."

3. Sean Lock: "You make as much sense as a indie bands lyrics."

2. Don't know who wrote this quote i just have always had it in the back of my mind..."Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

"My final quote is on borderline of quotation/poetry. It is named 'Our Deepest Fear' by a woman called Marianne Williamson. She does not get credited alot for it though as many people thought Nelson Mandela was the writer of this. Tell me what you think about this one please people.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darknessThat most frightens us.

We ask ourselvesWho am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking So that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, As children do. We were born to make manifest The glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; It's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, Our presence automatically liberates others.

Comment on it and tell me some of your favourite quotes to. Subscribe to if you like 'cause i think i'm going to be writing alot more blogs.P.S... Its took me nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes to write this. Can you tell i REALLY thought about it lol!

No comments: